LEBANON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio Department of Transportation said on Friday that it is making maintenance improvements near the Brent Spence Bridge during the emergency closure.
ODOT said in a press release that crews are working to clean drains, make pavement repairs, sweep the area, inspect overhead structures, repair highway lighting, clear nearby vegetation and remove litter.
“Our managers have been reviewing that area to look for any maintenance improvements, some of which have already started, that can be completed while the bridge is closed,” said ODOT District 8 Highway Management Administrator Doug Gruver. “This allows us to get some needed work done without adding additional impacts to drivers, and keeps our workers safe.”
The bridge closed last Wednesday after a crash and fire damaged the structure.
- Dayton Police ask for help locating missing 12-year-old boy
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Christmas trees selling fast in Clayton
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues