***Video above: Inside the development of the electric airplane at NASA Glenn***
CLEVELAND (WJW) – For the first time since 2019, the NASA Glenn Research Center is offering behind-the-scenes tours of its research facilities in the upcoming months.
The research center is hosting in-person, Saturday tours on the following six dates:
- April 29: Photovoltaic Laboratory
- May 20: Flight Research Building (Airplane Hangar)
- Aug. 12: Space Environments Complex at Armstrong Test Facility in Sandusky
- Sept. 23: Simulated Lunar Operations Laboratory
- Oct. 7: Electric Power and Propulsion Laboratory
- Nov. 4: Zero-Gravity Research Facility
On those days, NASA Glenn will offer 45-minute tours on the hour starting at 8 a.m.
“During each tour, visitors will have the opportunity to explore a laboratory or facility and see where scientists and engineers conduct research and develop technologies for NASA’s aeronautics and space missions,” officials said in a press release.
You can register for one of the tours right here.
Keep in mind that tour dates could change depending on facility test schedules.
Can’t make it to one of the tours? Guests can visit the Great Lakes Science Center year-round to check out a variety of interactive exhibits.