WORTHINGTON, Ohio (WCMH) — Two north side freeways are in the process of reopening after a report of a person with a gun.
Interstate 270 was closed in both directions at State Route 315. State Route 315 was closed in both directions between 161 and I-270. Traffic cameras show traffic moving normally along I-270 and 315.
According to Worthington police, it started around 11:57 a.m. when someone called the Ohio State Highway Patrol and said a man with a gun stopped along the ramp from 315 south to I-270 east.
Columbus police SWAT was called to assist. The man was taken into custody without injuries. He was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.
Police recovered an air rifle and a knife from the car.
No charges have been filed at this time. The man’s name has not been released.
- Preble Shawnee voters to decide on two levies for schools
- Morris Furniture Co., Inc to open new showrooms
- Coronavirus: National and international health procedures
- Dayton Arcade ‘ahead of schedule’ in leasing out business offices
- Police call for backup during incident on Catalpa Drive