CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (WCMH) — Troopers with the Ohio State Highway Patrol seized suspected heroin worth $12,900 in a Ross County traffic stop.
The stop happened Monday along U.S. 23. Troopers stopped a 2012 Toyota Camry with West Virginia plates for a marked lanes violation.
Troopers said an occupant admitted that there were illegal drugs in the car. A search of the car revealed 129 grams of suspected heroin, according to the patrol.
The passenger, Kayla Bledsoe, 26, of Huntington, was booked into the Ross County Jail and charged with felony possession of heroin. She faces up to 11 years in jail.
Bledsoe is being held on a $250,000 bond.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Three men found dead in Youngstown home
- Holiday heroes in Harrison Township helping tornado victims at annual tree lighting
- Coalition of Ohio motorcycle clubs donates thousands of dollars of toys to foster children in the Miami Valley
- Hundreds of volunteers adorn Miami Valley veterans’ graves for the holidays