COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) — First Lady of Ohio Fran DeWine is sharing more of her favorite family recipes.
DeWine is encouraging Ohio families to spend more time together while they’re ordered to stay at home. One of the ways they can do that is through cooking, she says.
She shared two new recipes this week: her sister’s fish florentine and her daughter’s brownie birthday cake.
Cindy’s Fish Florentine
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 smaller filet of sole, flounder, or any good Ohio fish
- 1/4 lb. of mushrooms (or 1 can) sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- At least 4 T. of butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. white wine (opt.)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In bottom of buttered casserole put: 1 pkg. of thawed spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Top with 6 small filets.
- Saute in 1 T. butter: mushrooms, onions. Put this over fish.
- Make white sauce of 3 T. butter, flour, milk and white wine. When thick add Parmesan cheese. Pour over fish.
- Bake 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Becky’s Quick Microwave Brownies
- 1/3 c. oil or butter (melted)
- 4 T. cocoa powder
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- Mix oil/butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl.
- Then mix in flour and salt.
- Place in 8″ square greased pyrex pan. Microwave 2 minutes.
- Turn around and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- If gooey, microwave an additional minute.
DeWine also shared her popular chicken and noodles soup recipe with Ohioans last week.
- Watch Live: President Biden to announce US will export 20M vaccine doses abroad
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: DeWine briefing scheduled for 2pm
- Dave Chappelle & Friends returning to Yellow Springs in May – How to purchase tickets
- Fairborn Sweet Corn Festival to return in August
- Secretary of State LaRose launches reelection campaign