(CNN) – Former Ohio State diving club coach William Bohonyi was sentenced to four years in prison Monday for what his own attorney called an inappropriate, illegal and immoral relationship with an underage diver whom he coached.
The 33-year-old former USA diving certified coach, who was banned from coaching in 2015, will also have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Estee Pryor, the victim, spoke in front of the court Monday where she gave a victim impact statement.
“This has been a mess for five years,” she said. “Why I am here today is to hold this man accountable.”
Before being sentenced, Bohonyi apologized to Pryor, who had left the courtroom after reading her statement.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Former Dayton priest indicted on 9 counts of rape in Hamilton County
- Medal of Honor sought for medic who saved hundreds of lives on D-Day
- OSU Ryan Day announces Buckeyes new starting QB
- Controversial abortion bill may soon get redo in Congress
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997