CINCINNATI, Ohio (WDTN) – The Cincinnati Zoo is using the third birthday of its beloved premature hippo as a way to raise money for Australian wildlife affected by the recent bushfires.
Instead of sending birthday gifts, the zoo is asking people to buy T-shirts that will directly benefit the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund.
The shirt features a koala and kangaroo giving Fiona a hug and says “Supporting Our Friends Down Under.”
All proceeds from sales of the shirts will be sent to Zoos Victoria to help them care for the animals that are suffering. The zoo will add $5,000 to the total amount raised.
- Troopers urge caution in work zones after recent crashes
- Annual Day of Caring pancake breakfasts spur volunteer efforts
- New Orion roller coaster gets first test runs at Kings Island
- Police investigating attempted armed robbery at Taco Bell
- Newman confirms he suffered head injury in Daytona 500 crash