COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A grand jury has indicted two former Ohio State football players on charges of rape and kidnapping.
Defensive backs Amir Riep and Jahsen Wint were both kicked off the team after their arrest earlier this month.
Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien on Friday announced the grand jury indictment. O’Brien said the men face 33 years in prison if convicted and registration as sex offenders.
Both players pleaded not guilty to preliminary charges after their Feb. 12 arrest on charges of holding a woman against her will and raping her.
Messages were left for their attorneys seeking comment. An attorney representing Wint has said his client is innocent.
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case
- CSU mobile food pantry returns Tuesday
- PHDMC stops registration for future Johnson & Johnson clinics
- Gov. DeWine, ODH advise Ohio vaccine providers to pause Johnson & Johnson use
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots