COLUMBUS (WCMH) — A Columbus Police officer shot and killed a 15-year-old robbery suspect armed with a gun on the city’s east side Thursday evening.
According to police, officers responded to a report of a robbery at the CVS near East Broad Street and James Road at approximately 6:10 p.m. Multiple officers responded to the scene.
According to Columbus Police spokesperson James Fuqua, the suspect was still inside the store when officers arrived. Fuqua said the suspect and an officer became involved in an altercation.
Police said at least two officers fired at the suspect.
The suspect was taken to Grant Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
Fuqua said no employees, customers or officers were injured.
Columbus Police said the suspect was armed with a gun.
The identity of the suspect has not released.
- Veterans age 60 and older receive vaccine at Dayton VA clinic
- Shenise Turner-Sloss kicks off campaign for Dayton City Commission
- Miami Valley Military History Museum hosts event to raise awareness of potential move
- Englewood Lee’s Famous Recipe restaurant first in Miami Valley to test new AI technology at the drive-thru
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday: 1,774 new cases, 54 deaths