Carbon monoxide leak sends 6 to hospital in Warren County


WARREN COUNTY, Ohio (WLWT) – Six people were sent to the hospital for potential carbon monoxide poisoning at a Warren County meat packing plant.

The six were inside the Empire Packing building and complained of nausea and other symptoms that led officials to think they had been poisoned by carbon monoxide.

All of the victims are expected to survive.

The business was closed down for the day and investigators began monitoring the carbon monoxide levels.

Firefighters were called to the same location Wednesday for a similar incident. One person was hospitalized, and employees were later brought back in.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple news-app-download-google-play

Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS