Timothy Sargent, 42, is wanted for attempted murder, felonious assault and firearms violations in connection with a shooting near the Towpath Trail in Akron on Monday.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Sargent is also a suspect in another shooting in Akron.
Indiana State Police are also looking for Sargent.
Police believe Sargent Sargent fired at a family of three as they finished a hike in the park. The man driving an SUV was flown to a nearby hospital in life-threatening condition. A woman in the front seat was also taken to a hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound. A female in the backseat was not hit, investigators said.
Indiana State Police are also looking for Savanna Emich. They believe the 20-year-old from Ohio is traveling with Sargent.
Investigators say they could be in a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado that was stolen near Carefree, Indiana after the shootings.
The U.S. Marshals Service says “Sargent should be considered armed and dangerous.” They say anyone who sees him should “not approach.”
Tips can be called into the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force at 1-866-4WANTED. You can also send a web tip here.
- Beavercreek beauty salon closing after 60+ years in business
- Restaurant owners: Newly-legal alcohol deliveries will provide big boost to profits in Miami Valley
- FEMA now accepting applications to reimburse COVID related funeral expenses going back to January 2020
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- 72-year-old Middletown woman found dead in river after being reported missing