OXFORD, Ohio (WDTN/WLWT) – Eight of the 18 men charged in a Miami University hazing case pleaded guilty on Tuesday.
Sentences were consistent: a 30 day jail sentence, suspended, but they have to pay a 100 dollar fine each.
The victim whose injuries sparked the investigation said he was speaking out so he could be the voice for hazing victims around the country who didn’t survive their injuries.
The victim says the brothers beat new members with a spiked paddle and forced them to drink large amounts of alcohol and smoke marijuana.
Eight of the brothers charged are still enrolled at the university.
- El Meson temporarily shuts down as state unemployment numbers rise
- Community supports local hospitals with food donations
- Dems call on Trump administration to open ACA enrollment
- Tipp City PD brings smiles to kids with ‘Books and Badges’
- New Carlisle man describes living in Italy through coronavirus pandemic