CLEVELAND (WJW) — As the Powerball jackpot continues to grow – $570 million, to be exact – it’s time to take a look at locations in Ohio where past winners bought their tickets.
Maybe history will repeat itself…
Here are those locations and the year they hit it big:
- July 2014 – $122 million advertised jackpot ($124.9 million final jackpot) – The ticket was sold by True North in Conneaut. The winner chose her own numbers.
- June 2010 – $261.6 million jackpot – The ticket was sold at Hub Carryout in Sunbury. The winner got his numbers using Auto Lotto.
- June 2010 – $97 million jackpot – The ticket was sold at Shirley’s Carryout in Curtice, outside of Toledo. The group of winners got their numbers using Auto Lotto.
Ohio has had 57 winners of $1 million or more for the game’s second-tier prize, which is when the winning numbers match 5-of-5 numbers without the Powerball. Some of those winners are from right here in Northeast Ohio:
- 2012 Fast Lane Drive Thru in Twinsburg
- 2012 Sunoco #15 Hop-In Food Mart in Maple Heights
- 2012 Northfield Park Associates LLC in Northfield
- 2012 BP #243 in Cleveland
- 2013 Shop Express in Warrensville Heights
- 2013 Avon Lake Food Mart in Avon Lake
- 2014 Garden Valley Shop in Cleveland
- 2016 Erieview Towers Newsstand in Cleveland
- 2016 VFW Post #2529 in Sandusky
- 2017 Valley View Food Mart in Warren
There is a 1 in 292,201,338 chance of winning the jackpot; and a 1 in 11,688,054 chance of hitting 5-of-5 numbers and winning $1 million.
Hey, there’s even a 1 in 38 chance of winning 4 bucks.
Drawings are held Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59pm and pools close at 10:00pm.
The Ohio Lottery Commission says all numbers have an equal chance of being drawn.