CLEVELAND (AP) — A judge has set a $3 million bond for an 18-year-old man charged in the fatal shooting of a Cleveland police detective and his informant during a robbery.
David McDaniel Jr. made his first court appearance Wednesday in Cleveland Municipal Court. He faces two counts of aggravated murder in the slayings of 53-year-old Detective James Skernivitz and 50-year-old Scott Dingess.
They were killed last Thursday night as they sat in Skernivitz’s unmarked car as they prepared for a drug operation.
Two males, ages 15 and 17, have been charged in the slayings in Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court. Both have pleaded not guilty. McDaniel didn’t enter a plea Wednesday.
Skernivitz’s funeral is Friday.
- Small pharmacies in Miami Valley wait to receive vaccines
- Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- 1 injured after crashing into pole in Dayton
- Woman wins over $302K playing slot machine at Las Vegas airport