COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — It’s a lottery, but these high-end bottles of booze are definitely not free.
Ohio Liquor Control is letting people this week submit their name and personal information for the right to buy only one of these rare bottles of liquor. The drawing closes on November 15th.
For the OFC Bourbon, there are about 25 one-ounce pours. That’s $100 per pour, or $150 per shot. Tasting notes say, “…this bourbon describe cherry cordial on the nose followed by caramel and slightly smoked-oak. Dark chocolate, tobacco leaves and dates are found on the palate, followed by a lingering finish of leather, black pepper and cinnamon.”
One note noticeably missing, however, is the smell of money.
Bottles in the lottery are:
- OFC Bourbon 1993 ($2,499.98 plus tax)
- Double Eagle Very Rare ($2,000 plus tax)
- Michter’s 25 Year Kentucky Straight Bourbon ($1,000 plus tax)
- King of Kentucky ($249.98 plus tax)
- Old Forester Birthday ($149.98 plus tax)
Tasting notes for the other bottles, according to Ohio Liquor Control are:
DOUBLE EAGLE VERY RARE
- Even after two decades of aging in an oak barrel, this bourbon whiskey is surprisingly balanced. Hints of vanilla, toasted oak and caramel lead to a gracefully-aged oaky flavor. Like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
MICHTER’S 25 YEAR KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON
- Complex whiskey, great mouthfeel. A symphony of flavors plays at different points on the palate with molasses, holiday spice, chocolate, smoke roasted notes, dried fruit, melted butter and vanilla providing the highlights.
KING OF KENTUCKY
- Nose: Deep notes of dried fig, dark caramel, and vanilla bean with a light chocolate sweetness all sharpened with a hint of caramelized orange and lemon peels and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Palate: Dark caramel and dried fruit coat a layer of dark baking spices and toasted coconut notes brightened with crisp notes of citrus.
OLD FORESTER BIRTHDAY
- Nose: Butterscotch and toffee dominate, supported by layers of sweet melon and corn bread.
- Palate: Rich oak spice and blackcurrant instantly warm coupled with light maple, caramel cake and white floral notes.