COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – The city of Columbus has fired two police officers and disciplined two others over their handling of the 2018 arrest of porn actress Stormy Daniels at a strip club.
Daniels was arrested on suspicion of inappropriately touching an undercover officer following a performance but the city attorney’s office dropped charges within hours.
The officers actions led to multiple lawsuits against the city and indirectly to the eventual disbanding of the city’s vice squad.
Columbus Public Safety Director Ned Pettus issued the order Thursday to fire the officers. The Fraternal Order of Police promised an appeal on their behalf.
- 2 juveniles injured in shooting on Catalpa Drive in Dayton
- Milder today with a mix of clouds and sun
- Valley View School Board rallies supporters ahead of 5.5 mill levy vote
- Emergency crews warn of hotspots after knock down of large fire
- Hundreds of people raise money for research at Dayton’s “Cupid’s Undie Run”