COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – The city of Columbus has fired two police officers and disciplined two others over their handling of the 2018 arrest of porn actress Stormy Daniels at a strip club.
Daniels was arrested on suspicion of inappropriately touching an undercover officer following a performance but the city attorney’s office dropped charges within hours.
The officers actions led to multiple lawsuits against the city and indirectly to the eventual disbanding of the city’s vice squad.
Columbus Public Safety Director Ned Pettus issued the order Thursday to fire the officers. The Fraternal Order of Police promised an appeal on their behalf.
- ‘Beyond persuasion’: Most unvaccinated Americans likely won’t get shots, poll finds
- Germany’s female gymnasts debut Olympic outfits designed to combat sexualization, promote confidence
- A future without passwords may be closer than you think
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: Another day of more than 800 cases reported
- Tri-Village track star running for gold in Tokyo