(NBC) – Two people in Columbus are in custody after ramming multiple police cruisers with a stolen vehicle.
Police say officers were out Tuesday morning responding to reports of a stolen vehicle. When officers spotted the car, the passenger jumped out and tried to run.
The driver continued to drive but did not make it far, ramming into a police cruiser.
Another officer tried to help stop the vehicle and was also hit. Both the driver and passenger were arrested.
The driver is charged with stealing a vehicle and could also face vehicular assault charges.
At least one officer was treated for minor injuries. The investigation remains ongoing.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Christmas trees for tornado relief: Holiday fundraiser gives back to Trotwood community
- House to vote on bill lowering prescription drug prices
- Lawmakers at odds over how to lower prescription drug prices
- Judiciary Committee begins deliberations on articles of impeachment
- FAA predicted more deadly MAX jet crashes