COLUMBUS (WCMH) – Columbus police say one person is dead following a stabbing near The Ohio State University campus.
Just before 9pm, Thursday, Columbus police were dispatched to Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center after reports of a walk-in stabbing victim.
Police say it appears the stabbing took place following an argument between the victim and the suspect, David W. McDaniel, 22, of Columbus.
The incident took place in the 200 block of W. 9th Avenue near Neil Avenue.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending notification of next of kin.
McDaniel has been arrested and charged with murder, according to police.
Police ask anyone with information on this stabbing to call the Columbus Police Homicide Unit at 614-645-4730 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-8477.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- United States trade deal with Mexico, Canada could be nearing passage
- Kaine, McConnell bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco, including e-cigarettes, to 21
- Impeachment inquiry heats up, fallout on Capitol Hill
- Crews on scene of crash on I-70 WB at I-675
- Out of the Darkness: Weekend walk to raise awareness of suicide and support survivors