COLUMBUS (WCMH) – Columbus police say one person is dead following a stabbing near The Ohio State University campus.
Just before 9pm, Thursday, Columbus police were dispatched to Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center after reports of a walk-in stabbing victim.
Police say it appears the stabbing took place following an argument between the victim and the suspect, David W. McDaniel, 22, of Columbus.
The incident took place in the 200 block of W. 9th Avenue near Neil Avenue.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending notification of next of kin.
McDaniel has been arrested and charged with murder, according to police.
Police ask anyone with information on this stabbing to call the Columbus Police Homicide Unit at 614-645-4730 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-8477.
- Rescheduled 5K race held to raise money for families this winter
- Soon-to-open Gem City Market hosts community cleanup event in Dayton
- Kroc Center vaccine clinic targets Hispanic community in effort to increase vaccinations
- One person taken to hospital after car flips on its top in Dayton
- Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop