WASHINGTON (WDTN) – Ohio lawmakers are responding after Iran launched over a dozen missiles at two Iraq military bases housing U.S. troops on Tuesday.
First, the president tweeted “All is well!” and added “so far, so good” when referencing casualties and damages.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine sent his thoughts to Ohioans in the armed forces who work to keep us safe.
Meanwhile, Senator Rob Portman commented that the attack is a “continuation of a reckless and provocative policy.”
Congressman Warren Davidson asked for prayers “for safety and success of our troops.”
#Iran is now attacking Americans with the same ballistic missile capabilities that demonstrate one of the glaring gaps in the JCPOA (Iran Deal). Please #pray for safety and success for our troops. Please #pray for a peaceful resolution to the decades of turmoil in the MidEast.🇺🇸— Warren Davidson (@WarrenDavidson) January 8, 2020
“Iran’s attack last night, its malign activities, and its announcement that it will increase its uranium enrichment continues to justify the maximum pressure campaign, which includes sanctions,” Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) said. “We cannot allow for a nuclear Iran, and I encourage our allies to come to the table to help negotiate a better deal to prevent that from happening.”
This story will continue to be updated as local officials react to the Iran attack on the military base housing U.S. military.
- J&J vaccine not linked to death of college student from Columbus, coroner says
- NYPD: Ohio man with assault rifle arrested in Times Square subway station
- Clark County issues boil advisory for Lawrenceville water district starting Monday
- Vaccine clinics to relocate from Dayton Convention Center and Bethesda Temple
- Greene County man accused of shooting ODNR officer federally charged for illegal gun possession