WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio (WDTN) — Wright-Patterson Air Force Base has scheduled a major emergency-management exercise on May 5 and 6, simulating an aircraft mishap with mass casualties.
According to WPAFB, the Installation Command Center will activate warning sirens, issue notifications over the “Giant Voice” and other communication modes across Areas A and B during the simulated event.
The training exercise could potentially create the following effects:
- Gate traffic could be backed up or rerouted to other entry-control points if a gate is closed
- Emergency-response vehicles moving around the base
- Temporary blockage of some roads
- Increased security measures
- “Giant Voice” activation
- Use of telephone and electronic-notification methods
- Alert sirens
Surrounding communities may hear sirens or other communications but are advised that it is part of an on-base exercise unless otherwise notified.