HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WDTN) — Two people were killed in a motorcycle crash on Brandt Pike late Wednesday night.
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office said Thursday Joseph Hester, 35, and Chelsey Baumann, 26, both died in the crash. Hester is from Tipp City and Baumann is from Urbana.
Huber Heights Dispatch said the crash was reported at 11:45 p.m. on Brandt Pike just north of the I-70 Interchange near the Marathon Gas Station. When officers arrived they found Hester and Baumann unresponsive in the roadway. Both were taken to Miami Valley Hospital with life-threatening injuries. The two were pronounced dead Thursday.
In a release, the Huber Heights Police said a preliminary investigation showed speed may have been a factor in the crash. Neither rider was wearing a helmet at the time.
The crash remains under investigation. The cause and manner of death has not been determined.
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
- Skull found on fireplace mantle that of missing Tennessee man
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized by department’s ministry
- Top White House health official says Bismarck’s virus protocols the worst she’s seen