MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (WDTN) – Middletown Police have arrested the man accused of shooting and killing 28-year-old William Ray Riley.
Police were notified of the shooting Friday at roughly 9 p.m. When they arrived in the 400 block of Curtis Street the victim was found and rushed to the hospital, where he later died.
The suspect allegedly robbed a group of homeless people, which prompted Riley to defend a woman being robbed. It was then that the suspect fired Riley and fled the scene.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice