DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Memorial Day is a time to celebrate the lives of military man and women.
It is also a time when many businesses give back by offering freebies and discounts. Be sure to check with your local business for confirmation.
Many restaurants and destinations will offer different deals to military members, retired veterans and their families.
Here is a list of just some of the offerings:
- Dayton Art Institute participating in Blue Stars Museums program to offer free admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers offer a free appetizer with any purchase up to $10.00 between May 23 and May 25
- Cedar Point offers service members both current and retired free admission from May 22 through May 25
- Kings Island offers service members both current and retired free admission from May 22 through May 25
- Home Depot offers a 10% discount to veterans on Memorial Day
- JC Penney offers a 20% discount to current and retired military and their families
- Lowe’s offers 10% discount
- Shoney’s offers a free All-American Burger on Monday, May 25
- Hooters offers ten free wings
- Long John Silver’s offers a free combo, but you must have a coupon
More freebies? Let us know, we’ll add it to the list.