DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner has identified the man who died after being hit by a car near Dunbar High School as Samuel Trammel, 35, of Dayton.
According to Montgomery County Regional Dispatch the call came in around 7:45 p.m.
A witness told officers they saw a vehicle veer into the grass and hit the Trammel. Upon arrival, Dayton Police originally believed the he had also been shot, but later clarified to say they believe he had just been hit by a vehicle.
Medics were called but Trammel was pronounced dead at the scene. WDTN.com will update this story as more information is made available.
- Officers Recognized for Actions Following Oregon District Shooting
- OneFifteen Opens New Living Facility
- Ohio Treasurer Calls for Small Business Grants
- Police investigate robbery, shooting in Dayton
- Jill Biden Rallying Volunteers