DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office was called to the scene after a man was found lying in the street in Dayton Thursday night.
The Montgomery County Coroner identified the man Friday as 39-year-old Joseph Garrett of Trotwood.
Montgomery County Regional Dispatch told 2 NEWS a person called around 11 p.m. The caller told dispatchers it looked like the man, later identified as Garrett, had been hit by a car at the intersection of Free Pike and Salem Avenue. The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office was called to the scene.
The cause and manner of death have not been determined. The incident is being investigated by the Dayton Police Department.
- Despite COVID-19 concerns, some shoppers still line up for deals
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- Coroner called to Dayton house fire
- Young woman with grandfather in ICU from COVID-19 wants community to be safe on Thanksgiving
- COVID-19 patient at Utah hospital plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated