DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A woman suffered only minor injuries after being hit by a train in Dayton Wednesday night.
It happened in the 4100 block of Wagner Ford Road, just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
When police arrived, they found the woman conscious and alert in the woods nearby.
Authorities say the woman claimed she was laying on the tracks and fell asleep, before being hit by the train.
She was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
No further details are available at this time.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- America’s cars could soon stop drunk drivers from driving at all
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- NASA asks Congress for more money to get back to the moon
- Study links seasonal allergies to crime rate
- Sheriff’s Office receives donation for new K-9 in honor of fallen officer