DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A woman suffered only minor injuries after being hit by a train in Dayton Wednesday night.
It happened in the 4100 block of Wagner Ford Road, just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
When police arrived, they found the woman conscious and alert in the woods nearby.
Authorities say the woman claimed she was laying on the tracks and fell asleep, before being hit by the train.
She was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
No further details are available at this time.
- Inmate captured after escaping from Greene Memorial Hospital
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against man charged with killing 2 teens in Dayton garage
- Downtown Dayton prepares for peaceful protest
- PHOTOS: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area