SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) — A woman is dead after a crash in Springfield early Tuesday.
The crash happened just after midnight at the intersection of N. Belmont Avenue and Mitchell Boulevard when a car hit a pole.
Police say Amanda Campbell, 35, of Huber Heights, died in the crash.
Two other people from the vehicle were transported to Springfield Regional Medical Center, then taken by CareFlight to Miami Valley Hospital. Police did not release the conditions of those victims.
Authorities closed the intersection to investigate the crash and clear the scene. The intersection reopened around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. Alcohol and speed are believed to be factors in the crash. No one involved in the crash were wearing seatbelts.
The driver may face charges pending an investigation, according to Springfield Police.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns