MORAINE, Ohio (WDTN) – A Moraine woman is facing charges after prosecutors say she tried to murder a newborn baby back in February.
On February 14, 2019, Miami Township Police officers and paramedics responded to a residence on Loxley Drive.
A family member called 911 and reported that 39-year-old Jessica L. Taylor was bleeding and in pain.
Paramedics could hear a baby crying while inside the home, and found a newborn infant tied up in a trash bag inside a bathroom garbage can.
The infant survived but required a “lengthy” hospital stay.
Friday, Taylor was indicted for:
- One count of attempted murder
- Two counts of felonious assault
- One count of child endangering
- One count of aggravated possession of drugs
A warrant was issued for her arrest. She is scheduled to be arraigned on September 12 at 8:30 am.
- Pentagon-Trump clash breaks open over military and protests
- 1.9 million seek jobless aid even as reopenings slow layoffs
- Video shows Chicago police officer placing knee on woman’s neck in mall parking lot
- Huber Heights, NAACP hold joint news conference ahead of planned protest
- Deputy mayor in Maine charged in case of racist Floyd post