DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A West Carrollton woman has been indicted after the body of a missing man was found inside her residence back in February.
On February 26, 2019, West Carrollton Police responded to a residence on Cherokee Drive after someone reported there was a body inside.
A search warrant was obtained, and when officers entered the home, they found towels stuffed around a bedroom door.
They walked into the bedroom and found the body of 69-year-old Jerry Wayne Truett, who had been reported missing from Miami Township on December 4, 2018.
According to the coroner, Truett had been dead for roughly three or four months.
Wednesday, 52-year-old Christine A. Michael was indicted for:
- One count of tampering with evidence
- One count of failure to report knowledge of a death
- One count of gross abuse of a corpse
- One count of abuse of a corpse
She is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday, September 12.
- Small pharmacies in Miami Valley wait to receive vaccines
- Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- 1 injured after crashing into pole in Dayton
- Woman wins over $302K playing slot machine at Las Vegas airport