DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley was elected to a leadership position with the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
At the organization’s annual meeting last weekend, Whaley was elected as second vice-president, which puts her in line to become president of the conference in 2021.
“I’m so honored to take on this new responsibility as a leader among my peer mayors,” Whaley said. “I have found the Conference to be a tremendous opportunity to learn from other mayors and bring resources back to Dayton.”
Whaley has held a number of leadership and chair positions with the Conference and has served on the Board of Trustees since 2016.
Mayor Bryan Barnett of Rochester Hills, Mich. was elected president and Mayor Greg Fischer of Louisville was elected vice president.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns