MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (WDTN) – The Butler County coroner released the identity of a 27-year-old man who drowned Tuesday in the Great Miami River in Middletown.
Our sister station WLWT reports that Fritznel Antoine Dean, of Middletown, drowned while swimming with a friend in the river.
According to firefighters, Dean was swimming near the Flyer Trailhead of the Miami River Trail. His friend saw him go underwater and called 911 around 5:30 p.m. when he failed to surface.
His body was found around 9:30 p.m.
Middletown police and fire departments responded to the scene and were assisted by Franklin, Monroe, and Butler County Sheriff’s Office water rescue units.
- Tickets for the Polar Express go on sale next week
- Baldwin County Coroner: 2 confirmed dead after Hurricane Sally
- Soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming at school
- Officers Recognized for Actions Following Oregon District Shooting
- OneFifteen Opens New Living Facility