SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – The Clark County Utilities Department is advising customers in some Springfield neighborhoods to boil their water Wednesday due to a planned outage.
The boil advisory is in effect for Holiday Hills and Maplewood water districts from
Wednesday afternoon until Friday morning.
The city said water will be shut off to several hundred Clark County Utilities customers in those neighborhoods beginning at 8 a.m.
Customers in the affected areas should:
- Fill a pot with water
- Heat the water until bubbles come quickly from the bottom of the pot to the top
- Keep heating the water for one more minute
- Turn off the heat source and let the water cool
- Pour water into a clean, sanitized container with a cover for storage
Customers should use boiled water that has cooled or bottled water for:
- Brushing teeth
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Preparing food and baby formula
- Making ice
- Giving to pets
Crews will be working to repair a water main. Repairs could take up to 8 hours.