MIAMI TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – Dash cam video from Miami Township police captures a pursuit that ended with a suspect crashing their car while traveling the wrong way on I-75.
Around 6:30 pm Monday, police attempted to pull over a suspect’s car after reports of a burglary in Miami Township.
The suspect took off, and a Springboro cruiser and unmarked police vehicle joined in a pursuit.
They tried to get on I-75 southbound before turning around, striking two cruisers. The suspect eventually headed the wrong way on I-75 northbound.
Miami Township police say they stopped pursuing the vehicle at this point. The car went on to crash in the median on I-75 and I-675, near Austin Landing.
The suspect got out of the vehicle and ran from the scene.
Police tell 2 NEWS they have a suspect, but could not immediately say if they were in custody.
- Prayer walk pays tribute to Oregon District shooting victims
- First-of-its-kind dog trail opens in Downtown Dayton
- Educator says community, support, and schedules important for successful virtual learning
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 93,031 cases, 3,529 deaths
- Wilford Brimley, the face of Quaker Oats and ‘Cocoon’ star, dies at 85