DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim in a homicide investigation in Dayton.
According to the Coroner, 25-year-old Kato D. Knight from Dayton was pronounced dead after an incident in the 3900 block of Necco Avenue in Dayton Sunday.
Lt. Jason Hall of the Dayton Police Department said Monday officers were called to Necco Avenue around 3 a.m. Sunday. Knight was found shot at the scene and was taken to the hospital. Knight succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
Hall said early indications of the investigation show this may have begun as an altercation between two groups of people that escalated to gunfire. Hall also said police have identified most of the people involved in the incident and are working to determine what exactly happened. Although several shootings took place over the weekend, Hall said investigators do not know if any of the shooting are related at this time.
- Community members, officials plead with Ohioans to stay home, reconsider Thanksgiving gatherings
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge