Unattended cooking to blame for Springfield house fire

Local News

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – Officials say that stovetop cooking left unattended was to blame for a house fire in Springfield Monday evening.

The Springfield Fire Division tells 2 NEWS that a fire broke out around 7:30 pm and crews arrived to find the home “fully engulfed.”

The home, located in the 1000 block of Middle Street, suffered significant damage in the fire but officials could not give a monetary estimate of damages.

No injuries were reported.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple-350x50
news-app-download-android-350x50

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

9-4 donate dayton strong

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS