VANDALIA, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is in custody after a child abduction case led to a pursuit ending in Vandalia Wednesday.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says the suspect is accused of stealing a vehicle with a 7-year-old child inside. A woman called 911 around 10:30 am, saying her car had been stolen from a motel in Hamilton County.
Authorities searched for the car and it was spotted just before noon near Dayton.
After chasing the car for a short time, authorities stopped it on National Road near I-75 in Vandalia, taking the man into custody.
The suspect reportedly dropped the child off at a relative’s house in Dayton before the chase.
The child was not injured.
Authorities say the suspect faces several charges including kidnapping.
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Middletown shooting suspect taken into custody
- Google to give workers $1K to set up home office
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice