TROY, Ohio (Miami Valley Today) — The city of Troy officially announced the retirement of Chief Charles Phelps Monday.
His retirement is effective Aug. 7 following 38 years of service to the city of Troy. He will be succeeded by Capt. Shawn McKinney Aug. 8.
Phelps began his service as an officer on July 19, 1982. He was promoted to sergeant on January 21, 1990 and then promoted to Captain on July 18, 1993. He was named Chief on May 19, 1998.
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Live streamed video shows priest in Beirut run for cover after explosions
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends