UNION CITY, Ind. (WDTN) — Indiana State Police (ISP) were sent to the scene of a fatal crash Wednesday morning where a Troy man’s vehicle rolled multiple times on State Route 32 near Union City, Indiana.
Bruce Lachey, 70, of Troy was ejected from the vehicle and was discovered unresponsive by officers on the scene. He was formally pronounced dead by the Randolph County Coroner.
ISP assumed the investigation and found that Lachey lost control while taking a curve in the road, causing his vehicle to spin until hit a ditch. His vehicle then proceeded to flip multiple times. Lachey was ejected from the vehicle and it is believe that he was not wearing a seatbelt at that time.
WDTN.com will update this story when more information is available.
- Wright State University students providing COVID-19 contact tracing support to local health departments
- Northridge Local Schools to stay remote for remainder of semester
- Missouri breeder euthanizes 21 dogs instead of turning them over to inspectors, AG says
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back