TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – A Trotwood man was found guilty Thursday for the shooting death of a 19-year-old woman back in July.
In the early morning hours of Saturday, July 6, 2019, an anonymous person called 911. Police responded to the home of 47-year-old Christopher Lee Daye, and found that his 19-year-old girlfriend, Iuanua Sneed, had been fatally shot.
Daye was subsequently arrested.
Thursday, he was found guilty of:
- One count of involuntary manslaughter, with a three-year firearm specification
- One count of tampering with evidence
- One count of attempted tampering with evidence
Daye could face between 14 and 17 years in prison.
He will be sentenced on December 17, 2019.
- Health leaders in Miami Valley divided over mask mandate
- Zero-carbon by 2050? New Energy Secretary’s clean energy goal worries oil and gas industry advocates
- What were those mysterious lights over Las Vegas?
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy because of pandemic