TIPP CITY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Tippecanoe Family Aquatic Center will be closed for the 2020 season.
City officials made the announcement Thursday, saying that maintaining a 6-foot distance between occupants both in and out of the water would “make it impossible” to operate the facility effectively.
“We are truly sorry and hope we can still make the most out of this summer through other, safer outlets,” officials said in a Facebook post.
Anyone who purchased a pool pass or swimming lessons for the upcoming season will be contacted in the next few weeks to receive a full refund.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Gov. DeWine allows local officials to make decisions on county fairs
- Ohio reopening some assisted living, intermediate care facilities to outdoor visitation
- Ohio Tax Commissioner denies delay request for Montgomery County property tax reappraisal
- Protest in downtown Columbus broken up after demonstrators breach Ohio Statehouse