DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Omega Community Development Center broke ground Friday morning on The Hope Center for Families in northwest Dayton.
The Hope Center will be a place people the community can go to for a number of services. Resources will focus on workforce development, health and education. There are a number of partners involved including Dayton Children’s and Sinclair College.
The new facility will be located on the 1800 block of Harvard Blvd. as part of the same complex that encompasses Omega Senior Lofts, which provides affordable housing for seniors.
Construction for The Hope Center was originally scheduled for February. Omega CDC hopes to open the building in October 2021.
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle at intersection of North Main St., Santa Clara Ave.
- Tsunami warning issued after 7.5 earthquake off Alaska’s Aleutian Islands
- Portion of West Third Street closing for repair, detours available
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- DeWine: ‘There’s really no reason not to wear a mask’