DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Dayton Police were sent to the scene of a dispute over fireworks, where the suspect fired once at a car before barricading himself in his apartment on Parnell Avenue.
Three people involved told police that the 29-year-old suspect argued with them over fireworks which resulted in them leaving. As they drove away the suspect shot once at the vehicle before fleeing.
Authorities said that SWAT was called in to handle the six hour standoff. The apartment building the suspect was barricaded in was evacuated, however, relatives of the suspect who lived next store decided to stay.
The suspect was eventually coerced out of his apartment and is now in police custody. WDTN.com will update this story with more information as soon as it’s available.
- Springboro Police need help finding missing teen
- UD students start moving back to campus with added COVID-19 precautions
- Ohio schools can soon begin applying for grants to equip students with internet devices
- Ohio governor’s COVID-19 results show tests imperfections
- 1 hospitalized after 2 car accident on Germantown Street