WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE (WDTN) – First responders at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base responded to a suspicious package on base Wednesday morning, according to base officials.
A suspicious package was discovered at the base mailroom that contained a white powder. The area was blocked off and three people who had contact with the package were taken to the base medical center. They were later released and the area was later reopened.
According to Wright-Patt, specially-trained hazmat personnel worked to assess the area and identify the substance. Final tests showed that the white powder was non-hazardous.
Fairborn Fire Department assisted in the response. The incident is under investigation.
2 NEWS is working to learn more and will have more information as it becomes available.
- PHOTOS: Bobcat burned in California wildfire set for release to wild
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Monolith in Utah desert was toppled by group who said ‘leave no trace’, visitor says
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- A first look at Ohio’s initial COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan