DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Public Schools organized a surprise, public ‘clap-in’ at Westwood Elementary Schools to motivate and encourage students to do well in school.
DPS staff and community members lined the walkway Monday morning outside the school to clap, high-five, and encourage students as they walked into school.
The clap-in is part of DPS’ Be Present for a Better Future campaign, which aims to encourage students to attend school every day.
- Holiday traditions underway in DC: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- VIDEO: Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office looking for person of interest
- Dayton closes city buildings to the public Monday
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Walmart Black Friday: See the deals that start this week