SUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — A Sugarcreek Township restaurant was able to reopen after an early morning fire.
Crews responded to the Steak ‘n Shake on Wilmington Pike, near Center Point Plaza, around 2 a.m. Friday.
When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the roof of the building.
Fire officials say a faulty HVAC system caused a small fire.
Authorities evacuated the building while crews worked to put out the fire and check the building.
No one was injured.
Fire officials didn’t give an estimate of damages.
The restaurant has since reopened.