DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Possible electrical issues caused a structure fire at a Dayton home on Anna Street.
Firefighters responded to the fire Tuesday morning after a neighbor called 911.
According to Dayton District Chief Matt McClain, firefighters were told the home was occupied by an elderly man, but no one was home at the time of the fire.
“There was a heavy fire on the porch that extended from the outside of the house,” McClain said. “Firefighters responded quickly and were able to knock the fire down.”
McClain investigators were already at the scene and believed the cause was electrical related or faulty wiring. McClain said the house did have an occupant, and they were “looking into him” at this time.
Gas and electric were cut off from the house when firefighters arrived. There’s also signifcant damage on the first floor, making the house currently unlivable.