DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Several temporary downtown street closures are in place due to Saturday’s planned hate rally.
These closures will also impact RTA bus routes and temporarily relocate the RTA bus hub. Click here to read more about those changes.
The following street closures will be in place for the weekend, according to the Dayton Police Department:
Beginning approximately 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 23 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Main Street between Second and Fourth streets
- Ludlow Street between Second and Third streets
- Third Street between Ludlow and Jefferson streets
- Access to the Leigh Parking Garage will not be available on Friday, May 24 (or Saturday, May 25) due to these closures. The Arts Garage (Second and Ludlow) will offer all-day parking for $5 for anyone displaced from the Leigh Garage on Friday, May 24. No code will be needed – simply pay at the gate Friday morning.
Beginning approximately 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 24 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Main Street between First and Second streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Ludlow Street between First and Second streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Third Street between Wilkinson and Ludlow streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Second Street between Wilkinson and Jefferson streets
- The RTA bus hub (Wright Stop Plaza) also will close during this time. A temporary hub will be located near the Main branch of the Dayton Metro Library – on Third Street between St. Clair and Patterson.
Beginning approximately 10:00 a.m. Saturday, May 25 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Monument Avenue between Jefferson Street and Patterson Boulevard
- St. Clair Street between Monument Avenue and First Street
- Harries Street (no access to Monument Avenue)