COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) – State Auditor Keith Faber has issued a total of $75,835 in findings for recovery against the former Union City Fire Chief Pamela Idle and two EMT/firefighters, Craig Idle and Brian Stump.
In the Village of Union City’s 2018 audit it was discovered that from January 2010 to August 2016, Pamela Idle falsified her bi-weekly payroll time sheets to include runs and transports that either did not occur with no EMS billing records.
No supervisor approved her time sheets. Her falsifications led to the village overpaying her $31,305.
Auditors found that Craig Idle, her husband, falsified his bi-weekly payroll timesheets during this period. The timesheets, which were approved by her, resulted in the village overpaying him $33,240.
The village also overpaid Brian Stump $11,290 for falsified weekly timesheets.
In all three of these cases, no documentation existed to support that the Village Council was aware that the three falsified their timesheets or approved the overpayments with that knowledge.
A full copy of the audit report is available online.
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- Husted stops by vaccination site in Westerville, reminds Ohioans to stay the course
- Yellow Springs flower shop to lay garland in honor of lives lost to COVID-19
- Several Ohio schools to return to in-person learning Monday