HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) –- A man is in custody after a standoff that lasted more than five hours in Harrison Township.
Authorities say crews responded after a child called 911 to report a domestic dispute at a house on Hamlin Drive, near Koehler Avenue, around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
When crews arrived, shots were fired from inside the house. Authorities called SWAT officers to the scene.
A woman and child inside the house came out, but a man refused to leave.
Authorities worked for several hours to get the man out of the house, eventually firing tear gas.
After tear gas was fired into the house, the man came out and was taken into custody just before 2 a.m. Friday.
Authorities say the woman from the house was treated and released at the scene. The child was not injured.
Some people were evacuated from surrounding homes during the standoff, while others were told to shelter in place.
Authorities have not said what charges the man will face.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- America’s cars could soon stop drunk drivers from driving at all
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- NASA asks Congress for more money to get back to the moon
- Study links seasonal allergies to crime rate
- Sheriff’s Office receives donation for new K-9 in honor of fallen officer