HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) –- A man is in custody after a standoff that lasted more than five hours in Harrison Township.
Authorities say crews responded after a child called 911 to report a domestic dispute at a house on Hamlin Drive, near Koehler Avenue, around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
When crews arrived, shots were fired from inside the house. Authorities called SWAT officers to the scene.
A woman and child inside the house came out, but a man refused to leave.
Authorities worked for several hours to get the man out of the house, eventually firing tear gas.
After tear gas was fired into the house, the man came out and was taken into custody just before 2 a.m. Friday.
Authorities say the woman from the house was treated and released at the scene. The child was not injured.
Some people were evacuated from surrounding homes during the standoff, while others were told to shelter in place.
Authorities have not said what charges the man will face.
- Russia clears virus vaccine despite scientific skepticism
- Bar owner sets 11 p.m. closing time after receiving citation
- College & Coronavirus: Packing during the pandemic
- Secret Service involved in shooting outside White House
- Police: Man jailed after throwing knife at victim, refusing to come out of home