DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The deadline for Montgomery County residents to apply for replacement SNAP food assistance following the tornadoes is Friday.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services granted the extension after significant storm damage challenged so many residents to apply in a timely manner.
Usually, these replacement benefits must be requested within 10 days of the loss.
Residents who lost power for four or more hours as a result of the May 27-28 storms are eligible to apply. A Montgomery County Job and Family Services eligibility specialist will verify the outage by working with DP&L.
The benefits can be requested at The Job Center, located at 1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
Applicants have to bring identification, proof of address, verification of income for the last 30 days, and insurance paperwork if applicable.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns